The International Barents Secretariat invites young professionals and students to be part of the secretariat’s team as an intern. Serving as an intern at the International Barents Secretariat is an opportunity to expand and deepen your knowledge of the Barents Region, of the Barents Cooperation and the ways international cooperation is conducted.
When serving as an intern at the International Barents Secretariat, you will also have a great opportunity to improve your language skills and to contribute to the communication and information schemes of the Secretariat as well as learning about the wide field of sectors where co-operation takes place.
The next call for internship is expected to be published during late 2023/early 2024. It is expected that the intern will start his/her assignment in the beginning of 2024. Applications should include a personal motivation letter and a CV, both in English. The internship period will last for approximately 3 months.
- Interest in the Barents Region
- Enjoy being part of a team in an international environment
- Good command in using digital tools
- Good command of spoken and written English as this is the working language at the Secretariat
- A citizen of one of the Barents countries
- Fluency in at least one of the languages spoken in the Barents Region (Russian, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Saami or other Barents indigenous languages)
- Students should have finished a minimum of three years of university studies
The Secretariat provides assigned accommodation during the internship period and will reimburse one roundtrip ticket to and from the permanent home address provided the point of departure is in any of the Barents countries.